One night, Lover met with Beloved
Face to face in the lonely Garden
So tired of words and concealing secrets
Their hearts pleading: “Draw me closer, Soul Twin”
But Silence is like a rare gemstone
It glistens with expression
Yet remains shy and mute
Those who can hear
Listen for the Secret flute
Softly humming with a soothing ocean
Lover says: Deep in your Heart, Beloved
You stir up a Love potion
That paints the world in color
Somewhere, you utter romantic phrases
You are too humble and kind
Please know that you are the cause of this art
Beloved holds Lover’s gaze
And says: You are my immortal life
My body, my soul, the passion drummer of my heart
Persian santour and Punjabi Love strings
The music that assembles in celebration
Of impassioned Romance ascending on Heaven’s wings
Lover is intoxicated with Beloved
And says: You are my pulse
The blood flowing in my veins, my creed
The spirit dancer of my Being
Set foolish labels ablaze, They plead
There is no “male” or “female”
There is no dominant or subordinate
There is no law or chain of command
There is only madness
This language only Romantics understand
Lover whispers: You say I am beautiful
But in reality, I am a mirror
And you are the Sun radiating in endless splendor
I merely reflect your beauty
Everything your eyes see is your own
It’s all a part of you, even this poetry
This is an old poem I wrote a few years ago. I felt like sharing it here. It was written for no one in particular, just for my fellow companions in this world. I’ve written this many times before, but we live in a world where there is more individuality and less community. It is important to establish independence, but at the same time, we shouldn’t feel that relying on our friends and Loved ones is a bad thing. On the contrary, we were created as social beings; we are all on this journey together and we need each other.
A Vision of the Universe awakens the Soul
Life soars, dives, spins, and rolls
Discover how small we are
Yet how precious at the same time
Sparkling dust reveals splendid gems
Leave your world behind
And pass through the Rose Portal
For it is Love from which you stem
Your world is of duality
People of colors, races, and genders divided
Ours is a world of unity
It is here where you feel alive!
Here, we do not say black or white
Here, we do not argue and fight
Here, we celebrate diversity
How wonderfully this delights the King!
Do not crush Flowers by saying “man” or “woman”
We believe in no such division!
The Prophet preached we are One
Fill your heart with this Truth and witness Divine union
After challenges, Lovers rest in arms, young
They listen to the mourning violin
And how it longs for the reward of patience
They are reminded of music they once strummed
By the Heavenly Rivers, they will marry
They will merge into a single Spirit
This is your destiny too, dear companions
To here, the Angels will carry
Beyond this Glorious Universe, we transcend
We can discover its blessed Secrets
Take my hand, I beg you, friend
And pass through this Portal with me
Let us become One
~ Broken Mystic~
I’ve been tagged recently by Shawna. This is pretty cool because I’ve never been tagged before, but it always looked like a lot of fun whenever I saw other bloggers being tagged. So what I have to do is write about 10 things that I hope for in life, and then tag 10 other friends of mine. Thanks Shawna for the tag!
Tagged by: Shawna
1. ON your blog, post the Rules & 10 things you have HOPE for in your life.
2. LINK Tag 10 people (we want hope to spread people!) and LINK the person who tagged you.
3. Comment/Notify the 10 People they’ve been tagged.
10 Things I HOPE for in my Life:
1. To be a good Muslim and please Allah subhanna wa ta’ala. I saw this on Shawna’s blog and couldn’t think of anything better to be in my number 1. To me, being a good Muslim means being a good human too.
2. To find my Soul Mate some day, insha’Allah, and journey with her through this life and beyond. I believe in Eternal Love, I believe in Ever-after, and I believe that Allah creates someone special for all of us — not just to be our spouses, but to be our Life Companions and Twin Halves.
3. As a result of finding my Soul Mate, I hope to have a beautiful family too, insha’Allah. I can only think so much of children since I’m not even married yet, but I Love the dream of having sons and daughters who I can give joy to.
4. A successful career in clinical psychology so that I can support my Loved ones! Love is Beautiful and everything, and I do believe that Love conquers all, but True Love also makes one understand the realities in which we live. I don’t want my children or spouse to be living under extreme financial stress.
5. I would like to be recognized some day as a Muslim filmmaker. I hope to make as many films as I can to help promote peace and coexistence among all people. I don’t mind doing it indie style or with limited budgets, I think that’s all part of the adventure!
6. I hope for all my friends and family to live a happy and full life. I believe everyone deserves to be happy.
7. I hope to live long enough to see my grandchildren, insha’Allah.
8. I hope to help as many people as I can, whether it be emotionally, socially, or even financially (when I do have the finances, that is!) I would Love to play a big part in promoting peace and stability not just in the U.S., but also in places like Kashmir, Israel-Palestine, Iraq, Afghanistan, Darfur, etc.
9. I hope to get a book published one day, insha’Allah. Maybe some of my stories or poems, or maybe a book about Muslim-Americans.
10. To travel the world, especially to see more of my home country Pakistan. I would also Love to visit India, Iran, Egypt, Jerusalem, Japan, Italy, and of course, to do my Hajj (Pilgrimage) again in Saudi Arabia.
So now, I tag the following bloggers:
The slave drum pounds
The wheel of time is spinning
Black emptiness surrounds me
The pain and anger is swelling
You say everything is transitory
Temporary, nothing lasts forever
The chapter of our story must be closed
Throw it in the fire, you say
I laugh at your words — my once sweet friend
You have forgotten me
And welcomed this hooded larcenist named Reason
Invisible movements that I could not see
You have forgotten the laws of transcendence
Time is a man-made design — an illusory construct
There is no such thing as “day” or “night”
You forgot the continuum, you forgot eternity’s light
You drove me to the most beautiful hill
And then threw me out when the weather turned gray
You left me on the highway with no comfort for my soul
So cold and vacant, you watched me wither away
You flew me to the highest sky
And then kicked me out when you sensed the risk
You let me fall through the clouds with no parachute
Crashing through thorns, you watched me die
You locked me in a chamber of toxic air
And swallowed the key when you figured “this is our fate”
You thought leaving me alone would make it better
Pounding at the glass, you watched me suffocate
Oh how we danced, like a couple of fools and clowns
In some silly costume party — what were we doing all this time?
I should have seen the antagonist named Doubt
Watching our every move and wearing the Reaper’s crown
I should have seen the charlatan
Dressed in the robes of our Love
Whispering in your ears — the lies of Iblis
I should have seen the space, the gap, the distance
You who I called ‘Soul Mate’
How do you turn your back on words of eternity?
How do you live with memories in your heart?
How do you carry on when you see me in this painful state?
O don’t worry, my once-called ‘best friend’
I’ll just fade into the shadows
You just close your eyes
It’s all over now
Be on your way with Reason
With this new man, where new oceans gleam
Say ‘hush’ to any memories of who we once were
Let it wash away like a bad dream
Forget the dead man you left behind
~ Broken Mystic ~